North Adelaide Football School
For Information on the 2-Day-Clinic, Click Here
For Information on the Elite Program, Click Here
We teach football
North Adelaide Football Club will operate an elite development school which will complement our existing squad program. Over the years the most frustrating aspect of our great game is the lack of individual coaching at an appropriate age. In most other sports, the ratio of coach to player is much lower than the typical Australian Football Model.
In addition we shall provide practical coaching sessions to better equip aspiring coaches who have passed their mandatory qualification as required by the SANFL.
Finally, we shall provide Club Administration consultancy to assist Community Football Clubs in terms of modelling and structures. Grassroots football must be afforded every opportunity to thrive.
- To establish an entity which will offer an elite football school for aspiring young persons as opposed to that of participation.
- To utilise specialist coaches and advisors in the port folios of physical preparation, specific individual and group football skill sets, nutrition and legal advice.
- The point of difference for the our school is as follows:
- One on one training where required
- Small group coaching [2 to 6 persons] where required, for example forwards, ruck, de fence etc.
- Team Squad training for whole of ground ball movement.
- Introduction to competitive training from modified levels to senior intensity
- To offer advanced coaching methodology for accredited coaches , conducted by NAFC's Senior Coach
- Provide a Club Administration consultancy / audit for District Clubs, both country and metropolitan, conducted by NAFC administration.
- Reception - An introduction to Australian Football Aus Kick @ Prospect run under the auspices of the SANFL's Development Officer, Jason Rivett.
- Primary School for 12 to 13 years
- Junior School 14 to 15 years
- Senior School 16 to 17 years
- Pre Training School 18 years and above. Ideally suited to players aspiring to play SANFL Football.
- From the applications, we shall assess which parts of the individual and /or team program each is best suited.
- Every participant will undergo a physical assessment.
- Every participant shall receive their progress report and ongoing recommendations.
- Every participant shall undergo personalised video review and assessment.
The promotion of the North Adelaide Football School will require significant investment both in personnel and finance, to that end we propose the following:
- Bill Board promotion on a recognised super site in Adelaide on top of the Caledonian Hotel for one month [July to August]. The site attracts the attention of 57,000 cars per day.
- Promotion on the Club's website www.nafc.com.au. Our web site attracts 30,000 visits equating to 3 million hits per month being a commercially viable product
- Promotional Brochures distributed to all local Clubs and schools.
- The Club shall use James Allan as the face of the campaign. As a dual Magarey Medallist winner, he is a testiment to elite development.
The concept has been endorsed by or presented to the following:
- North Adelaide Football Club Board
- South Australian National Football League which recognises North Adelaide's role for elite football development
The school outlined above will create an entity which is specific to elite development. We will be responsible for all football appointments and administration. The key outcomes are as follows:
- Facility Development at Prospect Oval - Change rooms, Training facilities, offices and social areas
- Community Coach and Club Development
By providing specialised coaching methodology and Community Club administrative audit/ assessment, we shall assist grassroots football.
Players can join/be selected to participate in an elite program from the age of 12 which allows natural progression. It is hypothetically possible for a player to spend his career at our Club
The model broadens the player base within our Club and importantly affords us the opportunity to ensure a consistency in terms of coaching standards and methodology from an early age
There is little doubt that this school will provide us with a wonderful opportunity to establish our entity within the local football communities.
The school will require significant investment in the form of employee, facility and administrative costs. However, given the Clubs improved future financial position, this school satisfies our Constitution and importantly is within our field of expertise. Football is our business -"We Teach Football".